The biggest hurdle to any habit or skill you are learning is an overloaded system.
It’s often that we fail because we are trying too hard and too much at once, not because we aren’t trying enough.
Not trying enough is a pitfall that can keep you from starting.
If you ever find yourself never quite being able to get started or find yourself consuming a ton of books, courses, and videos but never putting them into practice, then you have a problem starting.
Maybe it’s fear of failure or repeating past mistakes or not living up to your exceptions of yourself.
Whatever the case, put all your strength into taking a step forward, however small.
Starting is a physics problem. Things at rest tend to stay at rest. What we need is something that pushes us forward, even just a tiny bit, that gets the ball rolling. Start and build momentum.
But if you’re trying but making no headway at all, then you’re likely trying too hard or trying too many things at once.
Getting results requires focused energy. You can’t reliably half-*ss success (unreliable success is called luck).
We need a strategy that gets us to the end goal 90% of the time and on the right track (or at least somewhere interesting) the other 10%. That starts with limiting your focus.
I can’t tell you how many times I unintentionally derailed myself because I attempted too many things at once. There are only so many things we can do at once (…I’m mostly in permanent denial about this). Even if I had all the energy and money in the world, I’d still run out of time at the end of the day. Focus and priority are our best friends here.
The thing we need to remember is success and opportunity stacks. Neither is assured, but both success and opportunity tend to build upon one another. One success leads to more opportunity leads to more (potential) success etc.
So where do you want to succeed?
What’s a problem you are struggling with that would wipe out most of your other problems if you were to solve it?
STAY BOLD, Keep Pursuing— Josh Waggoner | Daily Blog #1681
Join the Renaissance: