I‘m fascinated with businesses that were created out of pure love and passion of the entrepreneur and the lifestyle they want to surround themselves with. Products and services that fit a need, but also provide easier access.
For example, I have a few friends in town (Chattanooga) who’ve started their own smoothie and vegan food business because they wanted to be surrounded by a community and culture of healthy and tasty food.
This is just one of thousands of examples!
You don’t have to do what everyone else is doing or do the obvious business idea. You just need to find a small business idea that is helpful for others but enables a little more of the kind of life you want.
Let’s say you—
• love fancy coffee, so you start roasting and selling your own coffee beans.
• enjoy fly fishing, so you decide to create your own waders.
• don’t feel like you are moving enough, so you invent a device that reminds you to get up. stretch and take a break every hour.
• love caring for house plants but you buy too many so you start selling them on Instagram.
• can’t find the sunscreen you are looking for so you make your own.
I’d love to start a small company like this. Something that is helpful and useful to others, AND enables me to pursue a healthy and creative lifestyle.
STAY BOLD, Keep Pursuing,
— Josh Waggoner | Daily Blog #1253