1. Know where you are
2. Identify the problem
3. Ask questions to help clarify it (give it edges)
- What is actually going on here?
- Is this really an issue or just mental chatter getting in the way?
- Who has been through this before that I can emulate?
- What’s feeding this problem?
4. Brainstorm action you can take right now
- Focus on things you CAN do about it.
- What steps can I take to move the needle in the right direction?
5. Start Immediately. The only thing telling you that you can’t start right away is yourself.
6. Recognize that some problems need outside advice and help. Don’t go it alone if you don’t have to. The one man wolf pack sounds romantic, but in reality its less heroic and more lonely and sad.
Taking even one step towards overcoming your problem — no matter how tiny — will help alienate worry from your mind. The best way to get unstuck is start moving towards something, anything.
STAY BOLD, Keep Pursuing,
— Josh Waggoner