What are the boxes I need to check to make today great?
1. Be Intentional: Don’t just go through the motions — fall in love with the process each day.
Habits are enduring, but to make them net positive they don’t need to be mindless.
Fall in love with reading again each time I read.
Fall in love with mediation today.
Fall in love with what you love over and over.
2. Be BOLD: step out of the normal and into the uncomfortable,
Do something that scares me, take on new challenges, take planned risks.
3. Be Original: Use my creativity to write, design, play and solve problems I set my mind to.
4. A warm mug of something (Matcha, Turmeric, Chai) and an hour or so with my thoughts and a book (or two).
5. Intentional time with Gabriella.
Spontaneity, or time to just be.
6. Move: do some yoga poses, go for a walk (by myself, with others, walking meetings), exercise (work on my body, sprint, do calisthenics: pushups, burpees) and make time for play.
7. Cherish friends and family.
Call at least 1 friend.
8. Mind: learn, train the mind, write down 10 idea every day, read, leave room for negative space, mediate, refuel my mind.
9. Body: Eat well, move (see above) hydrate, skin / hair care, focus on developing my body.
10. Spirit: Focus on what truly matters to me, connect with others, focus on meaning and fulfillment.
11. Daily creatives: Blog every day, write for nonfiction and fiction books, journal, design, play music, code day. Make time for each pursuit I’m developing.
12. Negative Space: time blocked off where I’m doing nothing. Leaving space for my mind to imagine, wonder and replenish.
Q: What does a great day look like to you?
Stay BOLD, Keep Pursuing,
— Josh Waggoner