“Eat a live frog first thing in the morning, and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.” — Mark Twain
The goal of my morning routine is about creating space for ideas and creativity to happen.
Here’s my current morning routine:
- Make Bed (1 min tops)
- Meditate using the headspace app (20 min) headspace.com
- Roll my legs using a mobility ball [goal: my leg flexibility is pathetic, the goals is to be able to bend my legs enough to be a base in Acroyoga] (5 min)
- Go for a quick walk [Now Testing: Morning Walk for Energy and Focus] (10-15 min)
- 5 Sun salutations [I think a cow could do yoga better than I can at the moment ha so it doesn’t have to be pretty. I’m about as bendable as a rock.] (5 min)
- Make some bulletproof coffee [typically a mocha using Laird Hamiltons superfoods] (6 min)
- Somewhere in this time frame, talk to my girlfriend on the phone (10+ min)
- Five Minute Journal: gratitude, affirmations, and goals for the day (5 min)
- Read and Write (40+ min)
- Quick Shower, end with cold water (5 min)
- And then get to it: Work on main project of the today for 90 – 160 minutes
Totaling to about an hour or two depending on the day.
Download Our Free ‘Questions to Help You Build an Epic Morning Routine’ PDF
The key to a great morning routine is doing what makes you feel prepared for your day. It’s not about doing what I do specifically, or doing what others do — its doing what works for you.
By getting your mind, body and spirit right, you’ll find your work much easy to do and enjoyable (even if everything is imploding around you).
If you’re wondering, ‘how on earth do you have the josh darn time to do all of that?!’ the answer is I don’t — I had to create the time, otherwise I wouldn’t. I had to get up earlier, and be smarter about how I work.
Routine is a gift you have to give to yourself.
Otherwise someone or something else will give you a routine thats for themselves, not you.
Give yourself the time to cultivate yourself, and feel the benefit build every day.
If you feel like you don’t have the time to have a morning routine, it’s time to give yourself the space to create one.
#KeepPursing — Josh Waggoner
Q: So what’s your Morning Routine?
(leave your A’s in the comments below, if you feel called to share)